Join the Theatre Boosters!
Theatre parents, please be a part of our Booster group to help support Colts Theatre students! We will have regular meetings throughout the school year with volunteer opportunities, important information regarding productions, travel opportunities, and more!
We look forward to working with you & sharing our love for Colts Theatre!
The purpose of this Booster Club is to assist with the endeavors of the Theatre Department of Covington Middle School Fine Arts Academy through both physical and monetary support.
The Theatre Boosters also work:
- To provide moral support to the theatre program.
- To initiate and maintain an enthusiastic interest for the Colts Theatre Department among parents, guardians, theatre students, director and the surrounding community and businesses.
- To promote attendance at events, to reinforce the department objectives, and to contribute time and services to support curricular and co-curricular activities for the program.
- To provide excellent communication among interested parents, students, teachers and directors.
- To provide financial support for additional education, equipment, and supplies that are not available through the school budget.
For more information about joining Colts Theatre Boosters please email us at .
The Colts Theatre Booster club is a group of volunteers committed to supporting the student actors and technicians in the Colts Theatre Program and its director through fundraising, coordinating events and volunteers and enlisting community support to provide the best Theatre program possible for the students at Covington. Being part of the Booster club is very rewarding and naturally creates a community of support for our students. Please consider being a part of this community either by becoming an officer on the executive board or becoming a member.
These are the Colts Theatre Booster Club Officers and their expectations:
- Coordinates and attends all meetings,
- Official representative of the booster club in all activities of the Covington Fine Arts Academy.
- The president communicates and works closely with the director of the Theatre program
- Forms committees and appoints committee chairs
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Fills in for the president in their absence.
- Oversees fundraising efforts,
- Updates Bylaws, officers with Parent Booster USA
- Makes sure financials are sent in timely manner to prepare taxes
- Performs other duties as needed or as delegated by the president.
- Attends meetings and Theatre events.
- Will record and be the custodian of minutes in all meetings distributing those minutes to principal and Director.
- Conduct and Maintain Booster Communication such as regularly checking Booster email and returning email correspondence, organizing Google Drive and sending messages to the members at large
- Perform other duties as delegated by the president
- Attend all meetings and Theatre events.
- The Treasurer shall be custodian of the Booster funds, including managing the club’s bank account, PayPal and Venmo accounts and receive all monies.
- Pay all bills and make purchases as provided for in the operating budget or approved by the Executive Board,
- Keep all vouchers and receipts for all disbursements and income together with a correct record of same maintained on the Booster Club’s Google Sheets,
- Report financials to the Booster at each regular meeting,
- Participate in the preparation of the Booster budget,
- Present books for audit (maintained in Google Sheets on Strings Google Drive)at the end of the term
- Perform such other duties as are requested by the President.
- Attends meetings and Theatre events.
Volunteer Coordinator/Membership Officer
- Coordinates volunteers for events such as UIL One-Act Play Competition, musical, fall/winter/spring productions, chaperoning trips, and other functions where volunteers are needed to support the Theatre program.
- Communicates with the members at large regarding volunteer opportunities
- Collects and maintains database of booster club members and volunteers
- Responsible for social media (Facebook and Twitter) updates and communicating updates and changes to Colts Theatre website
- Either takes pictures and/or video at shows and events or makes sure to delegate someone to take pictures and/or video
- Reaches out to community for donations, coordinate spirit nights
- Communicate upcoming events, or report past events digitally and/or on paper
- Performs other duties as requested by the president
- Attends meetings and Strings events
Colts Theatre Booster Organization is made up of volunteers. We understand when things happen beyond our control. If you commit to a position and are unable to fulfill the duties, please let us know. We will find a solution.